Looking for some advise, I'm training for a 62 mile road bike for Best Buddies fund raiser 9/12.

As my road cycling time and distance increases, my muscle soreness has too - thus my muscle recovery is slower. What can I do to help reduce the discomfort and increases my muscle recovery time so I can increase my training? One other item, I'm 62 yrs old, had knee replacement one year ago, so hard impact training is a challenge.

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • First of all, I am so impressed that you are 62 years old and training for that long of a ride. Even better it's for such a great cause!! 

Are you drinking our Hydrate & Recover products? They have branched-chain amino acids which aid in muscle recovery, especially post workout. We have heard several people say their recovery time has decreased once they add in a Hydrate & Recover

Reply Like
  • Impressed that you're tackling this endeavor. With it being for a good cause the pain will be easier to get through. Couple questions from my end.
    How long have you been riding for more than just a casual stroll with friends and family?
    Due you currently use H&R or Nighttime Optimizer?
    Reply Like
  • Be sure to give yourself time to actually recover.

I'm not sure how long your longest ride has been, but a good rule of thumb is you can ride 3 to 4 times your longest ride with ample support (food, drink and maybe a break)  and not going too hard in the beginning.

Reply Like
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 1263Views
  • 4 Following

Have A New Year's Resolution? So do we!