Holy murph!

Hey all!

It's been a while since I have posted, I hope everyone's summer is going good. Things are good in the fire world, not nearly as bad of a fire season as we have had in the past.

With the slow season it has given me more time to get after my pt, physical training. Today I just finished my first "Murph" workout. The true Murph consist of a 1 mile run followed by 300 air squats, 200 push-ups, 100 pull-ups and then a 1 mile run to end it. This event is timed from start to finish. We at the McCall smokejumpers do a 1 1/2 mile run followed by the squats, push-ups, pull-ups then a 1 1/2 mile run to finish it. I did my first McCall murph today and finished at 37:45. It was so freaking hard and great to finish. If any of you want to give yourself a great workout give it a shot. It truly is up to you for how hard you want to push it. Push on!

Hope you're all having a great summer.
1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Kyle,

just finished my first MURPH yesterday and it killed me.Talk about a butt kicker.Never thought that air squats with no weight could hurt so bad. The 1st mile was cake but that 2nd mile after all that is killer!

Thanks 

JP

Reply Like
Like Follow
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 689Views
  • 2 Following

Have A New Year's Resolution? So do we!