My workout plan

I'm a welder, and I work 12 hour days 5 days a week. So I'm tired during the week, so I kick my butt at the gym those nights. I do a lot of stair climber and running as cardio at least 2 days, the other 3 days I mix it up- A LOT. Anything from full body work using body weight to heavy weight low reps. Lots of push ups, jump squats, dead lift, mountain climbers, burpees. Lots of different high intensity exercises. I mix it up to keep my body guessing, so I don't plateau. It burns more calories and my body is always ready for whatever I throw at it. On the weekends, I ride my dirt bike, climb a mountain, swim... Whatever I feel like. I try to avoid the gym on the weekends- get outside and get my workout in doing something I enjoy.
2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Do like using supersets in your lifting day? Whats a normal leg day look like for you, is it heavy short or light and long?
    Reply Like
  • Always good to keep the body guessin! I admire the willingness to stick with it even after a 12 hour day. If I have a long draining day of work, I usually do some HIIT cardio (short and quick, but intense). When more time and energy is on hand, I go for longer periods of heavier resistance to work on strength training more thoroughly.
    Reply Like
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 1166Views
  • 4 Following

Have A New Year's Resolution? So do we!