Meal Replacement

I am using the meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch.  I am looking for different ideas to mix it up a little.  I am open to other ideas other than the shakes.  It just needs to be quick and simple.  I am a single dad of 2 busy little girls so I don't have a lot of time.   Thanks in advance.

11replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hey Ashley-

I have some great meal replacement muffin recipes under the Health tab on my website at www.kristytitus.com My personal favorite are the Blueberry + WA Protein Muffins or the Pumpkin Spice WA Protein Muffins.

Other suggestions would be light string cheese and a piece of fruit- a Quest bar- Greek Yogurt-Jerky, fruit and a few mixed nuts.

In the long run- perhaps trying your meal prep on a Sunday and make two easy quick to heat lunches that you can grab and go for your busy lifestyle.

I hope this helps some!

Kristy

Reply Like 3
  • Thank you so much. I'll check out your website.
    Reply Like
  • Ashley, did you find any recipes you liked that are quick and good?  I am looking for ideas to change it up as well.

Reply Like
  • I have not, I just keep drinking the shakes.  Let me know if you find any and I'll do the same

Reply Like
  • Ashley and Tom, a great way to change up the shakes is to mix them with frozen fruit, nut butters, coconut, etc. I have a Ninja blender that does single servings as well so it's easy to make just one. About 8-10 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a scoop of Vanilla Meal Replacement, and frozen blueberries is one of my favorites. You could also do the Chocolate Meal Replacement with 1 tbsp of almond butter and unsweetened almond milk, it tastes like a candy bar! 

Reply Like
  • I will have to try the almond milk!  I have recently started doing 1 scoop of vanilla meal replacement, 6-8 oz water, and a cup of frozen blueberries.... darn good!

Reply Like
  • Kristy Titus So either of the Muffins you listed would be a suitable breakfast meal replacement? 

Reply Like
  • John marleau absolutely!!!

Reply Like
  • Kristy Titus  Thank you. Would it be wise to compliment it with a protein shake in the am or just a straight class of water/milk ? 

Reply Like
  • John marleau I mix my shakes with almond milk but you can use water (zero calories) or skim milk. 

Reply Like
  • John marleau I mix my shakes with almond milk but you can use water (zero calories) or skim milk. 

Reply Like
Like Follow
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 11Replies
  • 1609Views
  • 5 Following

Have A New Year's Resolution? So do we!